Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Recent Stroke Victim
mrbogey56 posted:
Recently had a stoke on Labor Day caused by high blood pressure issue. Going to therapy daily, have recovered my walking unassisted skills,attributed this to low stress aerobics and Tai Chai. I'm 56 year old male, can someone in this community give me advice on recovery and what to expect long-term, remaining optimistic that I'll recover enough to pursue employment. Any advice out there to what I'll be able to do physically would be greatle appreciated.

Miselaineous responded:
I had a stroke because of blood pressure 4 years ago. Still have little movement in my left arm/hand. I joined a gym which has helped considerably. I ride the stationary bike, the arm bike and add new equipment each week to to move more muscles.

I continued to work, once out of rehab, as a secretary, I type one handed but it works. It wasn't easy when I started but it does get easier each day. I wish you good luck - stay positive and never give up.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.