Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Recent Stroke Victim
    mrbogey56 posted:
    Recently had a stoke on Labor Day caused by high blood pressure issue. Going to therapy daily, have recovered my walking unassisted skills,attributed this to low stress aerobics and Tai Chai. I'm 56 year old male, can someone in this community give me advice on recovery and what to expect long-term, remaining optimistic that I'll recover enough to pursue employment. Any advice out there to what I'll be able to do physically would be greatle appreciated.
    Miselaineous responded:
    I had a stroke because of blood pressure 4 years ago. Still have little movement in my left arm/hand. I joined a gym which has helped considerably. I ride the stationary bike, the arm bike and add new equipment each week to to move more muscles.

    I continued to work, once out of rehab, as a secretary, I type one handed but it works. It wasn't easy when I started but it does get easier each day. I wish you good luck - stay positive and never give up.

    Helpful Tips

    Any Exercise is Good!Expert
    A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, but I think the results ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 8 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.