Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
12/30/10 ..the morning I had my stroke .. male 48
sharkj posted:
It was 3:30 in the morning and I was in bed when I noticed my left side had a "pins and needles" feeling and felt heavy. Having a brother who is disabled due to a stroke I had thoughts of my own stroke. I called my brother in law who is a fireman and he took me the hospital for treatment. After the Ct scan I was given aspirin and bp meds. I wound up spending a day in the hospital and also had an MRI and then I was discharged the following day. Now after almost three weeks my left side is getting better but I still have that heavy feeling and numbness. It makes it hard to have smooth movements with my hand and arm ..but my leg seems better.
I also have a hard time a the grocery store, the lights bother me to the point where I get anxious. Not sure what thats all about. My speach is ok even though I have some numbness in my face .
Can anyone offer up advise ?

JeffDaddy responded:
The best thing you can do is be examined by a neurologist.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.