Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Embolic Stroke
mrbogey56 posted:
Had an embolic stroke Labor Day 2010.Rehabbing every since, low-impact aerobics 3 days a week, Gentle Yoga 2 days a week. I'm able to function(very slow) can anyone tell me what else I can be doing to?

Richard C Senelick, MD responded:
It is very difficult to give advice on the type of rehabilitation program you would need without actually examining you. There is no question that exercise is important and people can continue to improve for years after a stroke. I like to have patients check in every few months with a rehabilitation physician and therapist to see if their program should be modified. If you haven't done that yet, I would make an appointment to see if you should be adding anything to your program. Good luck.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.