Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
This is helping me
mrbogey56 posted:
I wanted to share what's helping me in therapy. Had an embolic stroke on Labor Day 2010 on the right side which in turn affected all motor skills on left side, dexterity, got restricted movement left arm,left leg, left hand and fingers. Started taking low-impact aerobics 3 times a week, with Yoga sandwiched in between 2 days a week. Haved regained stability, and now can walk unassisted, and function independently, still feel like I got along way to go but see slight improvement daily. Just wanted to share this!!

Richard C Senelick, MD responded:
Keep it up. I posted a Tip on "All Exercise is Good," that validates what you are doing. Research suggests that low level exercise is just as effective in people with disabilities . Good Luck.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.