Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
extreme post-stroke fatigue
smcfaddentexas posted:
Hi! My dad had 2 minor strokes two summers ago. Since then, although his speech has improved through therapy, he is still experiencing extreme fatigue. He takes naps, which he never did, and going to church wears him out for days. The neurologist he saw after the strokes told him that this wasn't stroke-related, although he never had this fatigue before the strokes. He is not getting any real help from his doctors. What do you suggest?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi smcfaddentexas,

I'm sorry to hear about your father's concerns and also apologize for the late reply. While I'm not a medical professional, I did want to supply you with some information regarding Reasons for Fatigue .

If you are truly concerned, I do hope that you will consult his physicians again about this fatigue or even get a second opinion, if needed.

Wishing your father and family the best!
Amelia
Best Wishes! Amelia

Richard C Senelick, MD responded:
Here is a link to an answer to almost the same question awhile back. Fatigue is a big issue after stroke and brain injury, but there are things that we can do. Let us know if you still have questions after looking at this prior response.

Fatigue Answer
After your stroke you may be experiencing a new normal, but remember what George Eliot said- It is never too late to be what you might have been. You still can achieve new goals.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.