Skip to content
Sudden recent extremely frequent forgetfulness sign of early dementia?
wheremyheadsat posted:
For 4 months at least my forgetfulness has gotten so scary that I cry a lot. Now it is so bad that every time I turn my attention away from what I was working on or doing I lost the object/ notes etc. If I leave the room I almost always forget why. I know a little of this is common but this is way WAY beyond normal. Also, my neuro today told me I don't have MS but have small clogged areas in my white matter in my brain and am getting carotid arteries checked. What do you think? early dementia or stroke? Can I do anything? Anxiety level is quite high due to the panic involved in losing things every minute of the day.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm so sorry to hear of your recent concerns!

Please speak with your doctor about your worries, for he/she will have the best advice and insight into your situation with your medical background. I wish that I could personally be of more help.

Wishing you the best!
Amelia
Best Wishes!
Amelia

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Search non profit organizations that can help you in your area.
Search for non profit organizations that specialize in stroke and see if they can refer you to a Dr or Hospital. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.