Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Brain Stem Storke
    jlight1974 posted:
    My husband (58 years old) had a brain stem stroke on 1/16/11. He was in ICU on a vent for 2 weeks, then transferred to inpatient rehab with a trach and PEG until April. He is home and now taking outpatient physical and speech therapy. He walks with a walker (slowly), he has not regained his balance, and still has the PEG tube. He is eating a little pudding consistency foods. He complains of numbness and tingling of the right side. Has dry eye. He suffers depression at times. The neuro doc told him that he would regain his balance but it would be the last to come. I only hope he is not just telling him this and giving us false hope. It is so hard to watch him suffer with no quality of life. He was so active and now unable to do anything that he previously enjoyed. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some hope on recovery. Thanks.

    Helpful Tips

    Stroke and brain hemorrhage
    My mom 68 had a stroke/hemorrhage 22 days before and released from hospital and move to rehab now. She is not responding very well but ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.