Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Brain Stem Storke
jlight1974 posted:
My husband (58 years old) had a brain stem stroke on 1/16/11. He was in ICU on a vent for 2 weeks, then transferred to inpatient rehab with a trach and PEG until April. He is home and now taking outpatient physical and speech therapy. He walks with a walker (slowly), he has not regained his balance, and still has the PEG tube. He is eating a little pudding consistency foods. He complains of numbness and tingling of the right side. Has dry eye. He suffers depression at times. The neuro doc told him that he would regain his balance but it would be the last to come. I only hope he is not just telling him this and giving us false hope. It is so hard to watch him suffer with no quality of life. He was so active and now unable to do anything that he previously enjoyed. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some hope on recovery. Thanks.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.