Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Recover stroke
    bribear2 posted:
    I have a friend who a stroke ( mini not sure). His Right arm was the only part affective. He talks and his memory is great. He asked
    me this question and I don't know how to answer it. He wanted to
    know on the average man. How long will it take to recoup from it. ( Hospital to home) He had it Monday March 19 2012.
    He is allready in a rehab program.

    Richard C Senelick, MD responded:
    Predicting recovery is always difficult, but impossible over the Internet. Your friend's doctor should be able to give some large broad projections based on how severe a stroke he experienced. However, It is difficult to be accurate. This is one of those situations where you really need to deal directly with the doctors taking care of him. Good Luck.
    After your stroke you may be experiencing a new normal, but remember what George Eliot said- It is never too late to be what you might have been. You still can achieve new goals.

    Helpful Tips

    I also have experienced the numbing sensation in the back of the head or neck area. It only happens when I am laying down awkwardly with a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.