Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Recover stroke
bribear2 posted:
I have a friend who a stroke ( mini not sure). His Right arm was the only part affective. He talks and his memory is great. He asked
me this question and I don't know how to answer it. He wanted to
know on the average man. How long will it take to recoup from it. ( Hospital to home) He had it Monday March 19 2012.
He is allready in a rehab program.

Brian

Richard C Senelick, MD responded:
Predicting recovery is always difficult, but impossible over the Internet. Your friend's doctor should be able to give some large broad projections based on how severe a stroke he experienced. However, It is difficult to be accurate. This is one of those situations where you really need to deal directly with the doctors taking care of him. Good Luck.
After your stroke you may be experiencing a new normal, but remember what George Eliot said- It is never too late to be what you might have been. You still can achieve new goals.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.