Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Question for Doctor: Vertigo and Stroke
    pixe5 posted:
    My dad is 84 years old and has been experiencing sudden short attacks of vertigo. He went to the ER once and they couldn't find anything. Same with ear doctor. But now I am worried because he had an attack that lasted for about 15 hours. He couldn't make it to the bathroom or kitchen. This scares me because he lives by himself. He carrys a phone with him at home but he did not call 911 because they never found anything wrong with him when he went to the ER before.

    This happened yesterday and he told me about it today. I got upset and told him that he should have called 911. He seems fine today though. Could he have had a stroke even though he is fine today? He has no cognitive impairment or paralysis. I am very worried though.

    Thank you.

    Helpful Tips

    Stroke and brain hemorrhage
    My mom 68 had a stroke/hemorrhage 22 days before and released from hospital and move to rehab now. She is not responding very well but ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.