Skip to content
confusion aftr astroke
vance1920 posted:
am having trouble with understanding ppl. and i get very frustrated and since my stroke i cuss alot more when i get mad.. i have heard of this before with stroke patients but i was just curious. also people keep saying i had a mini stroke i dont understand. i reckon it is because i have only minor things wrong. but it is frustrating. also i cant feel things is my right arm i can see when someone touches me or something but i cant feel them.. i am just confused i have a good doctor and he says i have had a stroke. but i am confused. thanks again for ur time.

cchornomud responded:
did you have a question? You have what's called aphasia. Difficulty processing language is normal after you have a stroke. I am providing you a link to the national aphasia association. I think it's normal to cuss more because it's an "automated" word or words which you hear a lot and don't have to think about a lot to come up with. You need therapy. Please discuss this with your doctor. I wish you a speedy recovery. http://www.aphasia.org/

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.