Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
CPM and EPM Disease
sem2cool posted:
Hi,

I am from india and i am service man. Last year my wife would be week due to CPM and EPM. i had checked to many doctor but nobody said to right dignosis. Then a lady doctor saw my wife MRI report and said those time that your wife is a CPM and EPM disease. Then i said that how can we recover this.
she provided me some medicine which is ciplar-la 40, zapiz 01mg two times in morning and evening.
I will provide the mri report and other things if you want .
Can you some sugggest me that is right medicine or some other medicine are best for her.
Please help me Doctors.

Thanks
Rajesh Kumar
sem2cool@gmail.com

Richard C Senelick, MD responded:
I am afraid I would need some clarification to try answer your questions. In the United States CPM would mean Central Pontine Myelinolysis which is a relatively rare disease that happens in people who have a low blood sodium that is corrected too quickly. EPM is a disease of horses. I think you may be referring to something else and your doctors are using different terms than wee use here.

Also, I am not familiar with either drug that you refer to either. They may have different names or may not be available in this country.

I am hapy to try and answer your questions but I will need more information. I am sorry I could not be more help.
After your stroke you may be experiencing a new normal, but remember what George Eliot said- It is never too late to be what you might have been. You still can achieve new goals.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

aspenron
agree that for some people, rehab with bodywieght is more effective. I suffered a hypertensive stroke about ten years ago, Was partially ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.