Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
how to take care of a stroke person .
valeriepauley posted:
need to know how to take of my mother-in-law and what things and classes i have to take for me to take care of her in my home.
Richard C Senelick, MD responded:
I am assuming that your mother-in-law has had a stroke. If she is in an acute care hospital or hopefully a rehabilitation hospital, the case manager or social worker can refer you to the appropriate people. Home health agencies can send therapists and nurses to your home to instruct you in proper techniques. Depending on where you live and whether she has insurance, this care may be paid for in the beginning. If you are already at home, contact a case m,anager at the hospital and ask them for a referral to a home health agency.

Good Luck
After your stroke you may be experiencing a new normal, but remember what George Eliot said- It is never too late to be what you might have been. You still can achieve new goals.

Helpful Tips

Stroke and brain hemorrhage
My mom 68 had a stroke/hemorrhage 22 days before and released from hospital and move to rehab now. She is not responding very well but ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.