Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
TIA and the effects of smokeless tobacco
rgann68 posted:
Dr.
What effect does nicotine from smokeless tobacco have on a person that has had a TIA.
Can it cause the same problems as smoking?

Richard C Senelick, MD responded:
This issue has been addressed by the American Heart Association. Here is the link. The risk from smokeless tobacco products is much lower than from cigarettes, but there is still an increased risk of both fatal heart attack and stroke. If you have had a TIA, I would suggest you stop using these products.

Good Luck
After your stroke you may be experiencing a new normal, but remember what George Eliot said- It is never too late to be what you might have been. You still can achieve new goals.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.