Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
what is wrong with me?
gigisgram posted:
in the last week i've had the weirdest symptoms. i've been dizzy at first than nodding off (passing out) throwing up, stiff, went to the er blood pressue 200/100 my normal 100/60 they thought a side effect from a new med i was taking but my symptoms haven't changed. gotten worse. i'm drooling a little and i'm blurry in my right eye. not sure what to do. very emotional and feel so out of sorts. this isn't like me at all. i'm crying and yelling and not myself at all. my family thinks i've lost it. please help.

Richard C Senelick, MD responded:
Unfortunately is difficult to tell what is going on without more information and examining you. Did you stop taking the new medication? The Emergency Room is a good place for emergencies, but is not the best place to work out complicated problems. Do you have a family doctor? If not, I would try and get an appointment with an Internist to sort thru your problems. Try and get a copy of all the tests that were done in the emergency room, so the doctor can look at them. If you cannot find a doctor and are still having problems, you can go back to the ER, tell them to take another look. They also might be able to suggest a doctor who is taking new patients.

Good Luck
After your stroke you may be experiencing a new normal, but remember what George Eliot said- It is never too late to be what you might have been. You still can achieve new goals.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.