Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Loosing Hope
An_246838 posted:
I'm 46 year female. I have been diagnosed with Complex Migraines. I' recently had an episode and am questioning the migrain diagnosis. I was in hot weather working in a hot wherehouse not being too physical. I got dizzy, slurred speech, pain in right side of head, confused thoughts, nausea, sharp pain on right side of temple. Head droops and kind of tremors with the throbing pain in the right side of temple, left side leg and arm paralysis. I get confused, cant walk and when exerting to get up feel faint and go to the floor or when looking down just loose balance. I have had 3 of these attacks before I always come out of it but this one is different and has lasted 5 days - I I took Frova, Benedryl and 1/2 lortatab but nothing helped. 5 days latter can walk without assistance but not too well. Very wobbly and my brain is not fuctioning too well still slurry and really have to think hard to type and do everything. Memory is not good. Cordination is way off. THE DIFFERENCE between this attack and the others is that I can feel the veins on the right side of my temple are swollen and tender to the touch. Pain is sharp and can trace it behind my ear and to the back head to base of neck. Also my throat swells immediately and closes. Been to the ER three times before and people just say its Hemiplegic Migraines - I had to buy a wheel chair today. I think it could be MS or Arteritis or vasculitis or maybe a head or sinus infection that has caused swelling in my veins? I dont know. I have no insurance so its hard to get some tests done sometimes and I dont have a good rapport with my neurologist to really talk to her and feel heard. I am very frightened and cant hold down a job with this whatever it is and been employed on and off for 15 months now. I dont know what to do. Any suggestions anyone?

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.