Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Stroke Survivor since 2010
mrbogey56 posted:
Had an ischemic stroke Set 2010 been recoveing every since taking low impact aerobics MWF weight training and gentle yoga Tue and Thur,recently had a setback, think I had the same stroke again, impacted me the same way occurred on my right affecting my left side arm and leg restricted motion, tired a lot, had a cat scan and have scheduled a MRI on 8/13, question could I had suffered the same thing again? taking meds for high blood and chlolesterol.

Richard C Senelick, MD responded:
Yes, you could have a had another stroke causing the same or similar symptoms. My questions is, how much have they done to find out why you have had these recurrent symptoms? This represents a medical emergency that needs immediate attention. Have you had a complete evaluation of your heart, blood and brain to eastablish why you had a stroke? Are you on medicication to prevent another stroke? Are you doing all the things you can to prevent another stroke: diet, exercise, blood pressure, lower cholesterol, anti-platelet agents.?

I know I don't have all the details and it can be hard to get an appointment with your doctor, but a TIA or recurrent stroke needs immediate attention. If you have done all these things, then waiting until the 13th for the MRI is OK. If you have not, call your doctor and see if if they have a cancellation and try to get in sooner.

Good Luck.
After your stroke you may be experiencing a new normal, but remember what George Eliot said- It is never too late to be what you might have been. You still can achieve new goals.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.