Skip to content
Worried for my sister
An_247168 posted:
My sister had a what we thought at the time as an stroke-she wasn't able to move her left arm she had facial droop and was unable to understand what we were saying to her nor was she able to talk without it being slurred and jumbled. She was rushed to the hospital where they did a CatScan MRI EKG and a few blood work tests and quickly sent her away by ambulance to a UMAS hospital where they said she had a STRESS RELATED STROKE. that they could not find a bleed or clot in her anywhere. Mind you this has been 2yrs now and she has went thru therapy and excercizes and has managed to speak alot clearer and has good muscle strength back but now she is fainting/wetting her self and seems disorientated.when she was taken to the doctor for this they told her that her triglcerides were high and that the UMAS said no possible stroke. SO if its not a stroke what is it? She isnt able to speak like she was before this happened to her and she never had issues with her throat before or nothing....whats ur opinion?

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.