Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Numbness and Tiredness
Tou22 posted:
Hi,
My father had a stroke about a year ago and he's is in the process of recovering. He has lost a lot of weight and has changed to a healthier diet. He has also started to exercise as well.

On some days, he feels fine and have energy to walk around. But a lot of the time, especially later in the day, he says he feels like he has no energy to do anything. He can be fine the entire day but it suddenly changes later in the day. There is also a numbness on the left side of his body.

I'm not sure if he is just over doing it but he always talks about numbness and tingling sensation on his left side making him not feel good.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same kind of thing and how they were able to deal with it. Thank you.

Anon_4048 responded:
I had numbness and tingling for nearly a year and I still have some numbness around the right side of my face. These sensations have decreased over time. Exhaustion and muscle soreness was part of it. Something that helped me was to keep a journal of whether or not I had tingling or vertigo or soreness and what I did that day. All to often, I realized that I was actually improving over time - it was just that particular day was bad. The bad days become less frequent and I often didn't realize it.

itmatsb responded:
You don't say how old your father is or how bad his stroke was--that is how bad were his symptoms afterwards and what were they? It sounds like your father is doing fairly well to be so active during the day. He could have been a lot worse a year later.

susiebelle responded:
had stroke apx 6 months ago left side affected. i find that my cheek and lip on left side of my face feels numb as well as my gum on left side and face sometimes tingles. this seems better in morning when i wake up and seems to worsen later in day especially if i have been active and talked a lot. also i am most often tired at the end of the day especially when active. i believe this is part of stroke. 10 hours of sleep seems to be best for me.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.