Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Stroke Recovery
    seniorette posted:
    11/09 I had a small tumor removed from the right side of my brain w/o any trouble, but had a stroke on the way to recovery. My left side doesn't function very well. Therapy thinks 'this is as good as it gets.' How do you deal with loving friends who want you to 'get well'?
    itmatsb responded:
    Thank them for their kindness, then tell them the truth of what the medical staff has told you. Also tell them that you are very fortunate that you are not paralyzed permanently and can speak which a lot of stroke survivors cannot. If that doesn't do it, tell them that you are also fortunate to not have had the stroke kill you.

    If they continue to want you to "get well", ask them why they keep telling you that when you have told them the truth about your condition. If they are indeed loving friends, put it down to dementia.
    seniorette replied to itmatsb's response:
    thank you

    Helpful Tips

    Stroke and brain hemorrhage
    My mom 68 had a stroke/hemorrhage 22 days before and released from hospital and move to rehab now. She is not responding very well but ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.