Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
double vision
An_247874 posted:
Hi! My name is Emily and I am 25. I had a stroke in May 2012. I have been seeing a neuro opthomolgist since my most severe symptoms are related to my vision. My biggest obstacle is double vision, eye paralysis, and retracted eyelids. My more minor remaining symptoms are memory, taste, and balance deficencies. I am reaching out because I haven't been able to find anyone who has experienced something like this before. My dr. thinks that it was caused by dehydration, and has suggested that I just wait it out instead of seeking some kind of rehabilitation. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about any of what I said. I appreciate the time and dialogue.

CaringLVN responded:
Hi Emily, so sorry about your health. Your still young so that is a great BIG plus. I always tell me patients, its a sweet and sour thing. Sweet: That it happened now that your so young. Sour: That it had happen Trust your body and what it is telling you! Not the doctor. You say you are having balance issues, so what is the Dr. waiting for? Start rehab ASAP and get better. Seek any kind of help that will get you back to where you have to be. Rehab will also help you with your eyes to get your body and vision balanced! Drink lots of water and call your doctor now!

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.