Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tiredness after a stroke
Danielle2411 posted:
My mom had a mild stroke on 9/11/12 affecting her left side (she is left handed) she is recovering very well. She is 91 years young a type 2 diabectic. Her chief complaint is that she is tired all the time now, she naps sometimes twice a day for a couple of hours at a time. I've asked her if she is depressed she said she did not think so, maybe bored she said no as the only thing she doesn't do now that she did before the stroke was go outside for walks. She asked is being tired a "normal" complaint for someone her age that has had a stroke?
thanks for any information.

susiebelle responded:
see my post apx 5 minutes ago

susiebelle responded:
see me post under the numbness and tirednesspost 2 months ago

itmatsb responded:
That is a normal response for anyone after a stroke. Let her rest. Ask her doctor to confirm it if you're worried about it.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.