Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is natural Birth possible after Carotid Artery stroke??
onefourthree143 posted:
Hi,

I am 34 years old and had a blockage in my carotid artery stroke at the age of 7. At the age of 28 I gave birth to my first child, but I had an elected epidural. Needless to say, I'm 25 weeks pregnant with my second child and really want the opportunity to try to have this one naturally.

I was wondering if there are any other women who have given birth naturally after having a stroke out there? I'm fully healthy and the baby is healthy too, I'm just concerned about the "what ifs?"

Many thanks.

itmatsb responded:
You should really talk to your obstetrician with your question or a qualified neurologist. You certainly don't want to have another stroke. Just because some other women tell you that they have had natural childbirth after their strokes doesn't mean much since you don't know what kind of stroke that they had compared to yours or if they were just plain lucky. I would investigate it further with the experts. And good luck with your natural childbirth.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.