Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Is natural Birth possible after Carotid Artery stroke??
    onefourthree143 posted:
    Hi,

I am 34 years old and had a blockage in my carotid artery stroke at the age of 7. At the age of 28 I gave birth to my first child, but I had an elected epidural. Needless to say, I'm 25 weeks pregnant with my second child and really want the opportunity to try to have this one naturally.

I was wondering if there are any other women who have given birth naturally after having a stroke out there? I'm fully healthy and the baby is healthy too, I'm just concerned about the "what ifs?"

Many thanks.

itmatsb responded:
    You should really talk to your obstetrician with your question or a qualified neurologist. You certainly don't want to have another stroke. Just because some other women tell you that they have had natural childbirth after their strokes doesn't mean much since you don't know what kind of stroke that they had compared to yours or if they were just plain lucky. I would investigate it further with the experts. And good luck with your natural childbirth.

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
    A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.