Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Stroke (TIA)
Scooter12 posted:
I have had my second TIA in the past 3 yrs now . The latest 1 came on with out warming , I quit breathing . AT my work we have ert teams , they saved my life. I have had every test and then some , they all come back normal . I was taking 1 baby asprin a day after the first 1 . I am now taking a adult asprin a day . Is their any other tests ? Plus what other meds and or prevention can I do ?

Richard C Senelick, MD responded:
It is difficult to make a diagnosis over the Internet. However, one has wonder if you had a TIA, if the ONLY symptom was to stop breathing. TIAs usually involve weakness or numbness of the arms and legs, difficulty speaking or visual complaints. Passing out is more likely to be an abnooraml heart beat. Did they test your heart? Have you seen both a neurologist and cardiologist? I hope this helps. Good Luck
After your stroke you may be experiencing a new normal, but remember what George Eliot said- It is never too late to be what you might have been. You still can achieve new goals.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Search non profit organizations that can help you in your area.
Search for non profit organizations that specialize in stroke and see if they can refer you to a Dr or Hospital. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 43 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.