Skip to content
Ischaemic/stroke
Scarlett33 posted:
Hi,
Back in 2006 I waited 6 months for a brain MRI.I had lost my sight for a few hours, had balance problems and some tingling ( not all at one time) The neurologist suspected inflammation on my brain stem. I received a letter stating my MRI was normal.A year last Xmas, I had a terrible attack,suddenly had a severe jump like sensation in my head. I fell over to the right.I have had these jump like sensations in my head for years,they usually lasts about 3 seconds,and I always fall over to the right but this time it lasted around 15 seconds and it caused my heart to speed up.I felt horrible afterwards. I had a brain and cervical spine MRI in Nov. I paid for this scan and have been told I had had a possible ischaemic affecting the left cordate in 2006 but they were looking for inflammation on my brain stem at the time, so did not notice this! I don't have high bloodpressure or smoke.I weigh 105lbs eat healthily and I was 46 at the time.I'm very worried.I'm in the UK and the health service is rubbish where I live. I am so afraid.I have taken cod liver oil for 25 years and the last 5 years had1- 2 glasses of red wine a day. I have been told I should now take aspirin but after 6 years of no treatment I'm terrified. The neurologist was rubbish saying he did not know what these attacks are, but the srtoke was caused by a blockage in my brain.This means nothing to me and I'm now afraid to go to sleep incase I have a massive stroke and wake up paralysed.Thanks Scarlett.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.