Skip to content
hemorrhagic stroke followed by a pulmonary embolism
jameelk posted:
I had a hemorrhagic stroke on the front of the left side of my head and 2 seizures all with in a week. About a week or 2 weeks later I ended up with a pulmonary embolism/blood clot on my left lung! I gave birth 3 days before the stroke symptoms started and my blood pressure was sky high when the symptoms started. I had no problems at all during my pregnancy nor did I have any problems with labor or delivery, everything went great and the baby is doing wonderful. Other than a history of migraines I have always been a pretty healthy person my whole life. I mean I'm 24 and that's pretty much how I live. I mean I don't always eat the healthiest nor do I exercise regularly but I have never had any major problems with anything or any kind of signs or symptoms of poor health. I do smoke which I know is a huge factor and very unhealthy but I do it anyways. I have seen several Dr's over the last 3 weeks and have had lots of tests done, however, no one can tell me why I had the stroke, the seizures or the blood clot. I didn't know if maybe anyone else had had all of this happen to them or if anyone knew why. I'm really confused on how I can have the bleed and then a week later have a clot! They are the complete opposites of each other... I had to have a vena cava filter put in because it is way to soon to be taking blood thinners! So anyways just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them or if anyone knows maybe why I had this happen or any advice on going forward!

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Search non profit organizations that can help you in your area.
Search for non profit organizations that specialize in stroke and see if they can refer you to a Dr or Hospital. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.