Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Wallenberg
zivo24 posted:
I went to the emergency room on March 14, 2013 because I had been having mild episodes of vertigo for about 3-4 weeks and was beginning to have issues with my equilibrium. On that day, however, it got much worse and my right arm went numb.

At the hospital, after an MRI and x-ray with contrast, I was told that I Had had a series of tiny strokes - most of them older, but one recent. I'm 48, height/weight proportionate, I eat fairly healthy and work out regularly but I've been on medications for about 10 years for hypertension.

The next day, a neurologist told me that I had Wallenberg. The strokes had been on the left side of my brain. My left eye was droopy and I could barely feel touch on the right side of my body. I could not feel hot/cold at all on my right side.

It's now 1 month later. Reading other posts, I believe that I was lucky compared to what many others have been through. I'm getting the nerve sensation back on my right side - feeling temperature more and more but it's still not 100%.

I'm back to working out at the gym doing cardio but often feel a heavy numbness in my right knee only when I'm on the treadmill.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with the ongoing nerve numbness issues, It would be appreciated. I have a friend who is recommending I try accupuncture.

Good luck to everyone and take care of yourselves!

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.