Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Eduard0 posted:
    I have been overseeing the care of my mother who suffered two strokes - one in March 2009, and another in December 2009. She has been able to walk on her own after a few weeks of rehab since her first attack, but I try to have someone by her side just in case she falls. She has some assistance when she bathes and changes clothes and goes to the toilet, and is able to feed herself.

    Just recently, my relatives have insisted on taking her to the US - from San Joaquin, Iloilo to Miami, Florida. I don't think it's good a good idea, but they form the majority. What are the risks and pros and cons?
    itmatsb responded:
    Why do your relatives want to move her to FL? What assistance are they going to give her compared to your care? I assume that the "relatives" must be either her husband or your siblings? If not, it would seem like you being her daughter would have the say in it.

    Helpful Tips

    Stroke and brain hemorrhage
    My mom 68 had a stroke/hemorrhage 22 days before and released from hospital and move to rehab now. She is not responding very well but ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.