Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Flight
Eduard0 posted:
I have been overseeing the care of my mother who suffered two strokes - one in March 2009, and another in December 2009. She has been able to walk on her own after a few weeks of rehab since her first attack, but I try to have someone by her side just in case she falls. She has some assistance when she bathes and changes clothes and goes to the toilet, and is able to feed herself.

Just recently, my relatives have insisted on taking her to the US - from San Joaquin, Iloilo to Miami, Florida. I don't think it's good a good idea, but they form the majority. What are the risks and pros and cons?

itmatsb responded:
Why do your relatives want to move her to FL? What assistance are they going to give her compared to your care? I assume that the "relatives" must be either her husband or your siblings? If not, it would seem like you being her daughter would have the say in it.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.