Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    my mother 49 had a massive brain stem hemmorage stroke on feb 13 2013. she has yet to open her eyes. she moves a little
    dumpsterqueenky posted:
    when you move her legs or arms too much she pulls them away. her tongue stays stuck out and if you tap on the tip of it she will pull in. if you open her eyes she moves them around some. what tests should i ask to have done to know if my mom has any brain activity. to me it seems she has to much movement to be in a vegetative state. movement reflexes please help, i just don't know what to do next tests i don't know what tests to ask for? her right eye twitches a lot to. thank you for your time.
    dumpsterqueenky responded:
    itmatsb responded:
    What have the doctors told you? They would be a good resource for you since no one seems to know on here.
    dumpsterqueenky replied to itmatsb's response:
    they wanted us to pull the plug so to speak a long time ago. said she is in a persistent vegetative state

    Helpful Tips

    Stroke and brain hemorrhage
    My mom 68 had a stroke/hemorrhage 22 days before and released from hospital and move to rehab now. She is not responding very well but ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.