Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
my mum 63, her 2nd big stroke...
An_251911 posted:
my mum is 63, she has had one big stroke before but she totally recovered from it in 2008 it affected her right side of the brain and all she had trouble with after was some right hand movements and some speech.
since then shes been having TIA's all the time and the this week she had another big one. this time it was her right side of her brain and is still having TIAs around it continuously.
she was "ok" when she went into the hospital could kinda walk and just lispy from her dropping lip but has just gotten progressively worse.
she cant talk, can't move her entire left side, cant swallow. has a feeding tube, says shes hot all the time when shes cold to the touch, restless, has blood clots on both sides of her neck.
shes started to vomit and ripped out her feeding tube..
they gave her a 30% chance of survival

has anyone else expierenced the same thing? i'm 27

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.