Skip to content
Did I have a stroke?
An_252134 posted:
About 4-5 years ago I had an episode in which I collapsed but before I go in to detail about the incident allow me to first explain the week down the shore before the episode. I went down the shore with friends to party for MDW drank, smoked weed, & popped ecstasy "hard tablets" the entire weekend down there, only eating one hash brown from McDonalds during my stay. I returned home first full day home no issues until the following day I decided to meet up with my younger brother & his friends to smoke weed in his friends garage and during the session I quickly developed a pain & sound in my head that sounded & felt like two drill guns going through evenly pressured on either side of my head temple area then a snap. Did not see a white light or anything just remember waking up on the floor feeling my heart beat through my hands and picking myself up quickly to stand & felt dizzy. Then a high pitch frequency sound knocked me out & again wake up on the floor in panic get up & try to leave the garage but the high pitch frequency emerged again & down I go again. A total of 3 times that I collapsed may have been a fourth time, remember it was years ago. I never went to see a doctor because I never told my family even my brother that saw it happen in front of him never said a word. I do believe this incident is the cause to my near non existent memory & difficulty conversating but otherwise I am healthy just curious as to what a professional thinks might have happened. I plan on getting an MRI in a few years to see if there is serious damage but I was a young kid when this happened pretty much adapted my life to deal with it. Guess the knowledge is more just for a piece of mind. Thank you for taking the time to read my story & I appreciate any & all replies.

itmatsb responded:
It's anyone's guess with your mixture of alcohol, drugs and not eating. You can still see a neurologist who could diagnose you. You don't seem at all troubled by your lack of memory or difficulty conversing, but if so, I would get to a neurologist sooner than in a few years. Good luck to you.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.