Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
seem to be going backwards after stroke.
An_252180 posted:
I have had a heart attack in 2010 immediate attention since I was in EER with husband. effect was dragging of foot at times. I had a stroke March 2013 didn't realize it as stroke be cause of pinched nerve in back started with left knee giving out. didn't get checked out for a week as husband was getting ready to pass away and I couldn't leave him. Went to hospital after and was told I had a stroke on right side of brain. When I left Hospital I could lift left arm and leg had weakness on left side. I was also to bend left foot and toes and make decent fist with left hand now two months later can not bend foot , toes or make fist on left side. and having chest pains weather moving or siting. Is this common for things to go backwards after stroke?

itmatsb responded:
If you have chest pains, especially after having a heart attack, I would see a doctor immediately.

Yes, stroke symptoms can get worse with time. Your best bet is to get physical therapy to help strengthen and help the pain. Good luck.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Search non profit organizations that can help you in your area.
Search for non profit organizations that specialize in stroke and see if they can refer you to a Dr or Hospital. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.