Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
stroke and constant pain
columbia2 posted:
5YRS ago i suffered a endocardatis caused stroke, with open heart surgery. After effects was scaring of the retina in the right eye causing blindness. My front top teeth has constant pain ,also my feet hurt due to stroke.With a history of heart disease and spinal issues (three disanosed herniated disc life is a major battle.I have tried pain management ,neoroligist among my search for relief from pain .where do i go from here?

itmatsb responded:
With no other answers in 3 weeks, I will give this a lame try. Have you had any physical therapy for your feet? I don't know, but PT helped me with severe pain in my arm after my stroke. Also what about Botox injections in your feet? I was alerted to botox injections to help with any leg pain that might develop after my stroke. Why not the feet? Also could you describe your tooth pain? Does it feel like stabbing, shooting or electric-like shocks? Maybe you have Burning Mouth Syndrome or Trigeminal Neuralgia which I got the latter after my stroke. Many doctors aren't familiar with these illnesses. Perhaps you could suggest these possibilities to your doctor.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.