Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Desperate for Answers - Mini Strok and Vision Loss in One Eye
Luvpug posted:
My husband had sudden vision loss in his right eye. He went to the ER aand was admitted to the hospital. The day it happened, he first had his eeye doctor check his eye. She said his eye looked perfect and it could hhave been due to a migraine. He did have a headache at the same time. His vision came back and then he lost it again...that's when he went to the hospital. His CT scan came back clear and his ultrasound on his nneck arteries looked good. His MRI showed a mini stroke in the front of his brain above his left eye. His vision came back for about two days and then he lost it again today. Docs had him do an echocardiogram today and it was good. Hubby is diabetic and has hypertension btw. Docs are scratching their heads because they said the part of his brain that had the stroke doesn't effect your vision. They can't explain why this is happening. What could it be that wouldn't be seen via MRI, CT Scan, etc. They are stating his vision loss is separate from the mini stroke and that it still could be due to the migraine, but they think it's odd he would have a migraine like this for the first time at age 46. Please help....this has been devastating for my husband. His vision felt like it was coming back around dinner time and then he called me before going to bed tonight and said he had a headache.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.