Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Recovery From Stroke
An_252580 posted:
hey,
My dad had stroke 2 months ago. He has recovered with his speech problem but always complaints that he cannot see properly, he is able to see the blurred image of any object. We took him to the health club but he doesn't want to go there. My family is very confused what to do, he has become very dependent. What should we do? Will he recover?

itmatsb responded:
I would assume that you have tried taking your dad to doctors to see if anything can be done with his sight. If not, that should be a priority. From the way you describe his sight, he is functionally blind. How would you all respond to suddenly being blind? No reading, no TV, at least like it used to be, etc. etc. Your dad is dealing with a major loss! Perhaps you could get him some therapy to help him to adjust. Just because he doesn't want to go to a health club doesn't mean he is wrong. Health clubs are not the thing for many even healthy people. What activities could he get involved in with his lack of sight? I don't have a clue and maybe he doesn't either. Try some compassion first. Get him to a therapist who had the skills to help someone who has just become blind. Good luck.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.