Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Headaches after a stroke
sgifford posted:
my husband just has a small stroke and its been a week. He has had a severe headache every day since the stroke. Is this normal for him to keep this headache for this long. Also very light headed. Tired real easy, cant seem to feel normal as yet.
Thanks
sgifford

Take the Poll

would like to know if it is normal for my husband to continue to have bad
headaches a week following a stroke
  • stroke after shock for a-fib
  • headaches continue
vote
View Poll Results

richg44006 responded:
I'm so sorry about your husbands' stroke. I had a stroke about 8 years ago. My suggestion would be to go to your Neurogist . If you don't have one, ask your internist for a referral to a neurologist that specializes in Post Stroke patients,if at all possible. Since its happening every night, I would think that some tests need to be done, blood tests, MRI, etc. Depending on the results, go from there. I have needed to see a Pain Management Doctor to deal with your husbands pain issues.

Unfortunately it's only the beginning. I wish I could do more. Call ASAP to get the ball rolling. I wish you both the very best.

itmatsb responded:
Yes, severe headaches can last. My severe migraines caused by my stroke have lasted for the past 5 years since my stroke. But there are treatments for them. Hope that your husband no longer has them.

itmatsb replied to richg44006's response:
To richg44, I'm wondering what pain issues that you have needed to see a pain management doctor about. Did you also have migraines caused by your stroke?

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.