Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Wallenberg Syndrome
51982 posted:
I'm posting this thread to share experience on stroke treatment and rehab experienced by my Dad.

My Dad aged 63 Yrs was having healthy lifestyle and physically active and is a hypertension patient for last 12 years and BP was always under control and he complained about severe head ache and dizzines followed by nausea and vomiting in Feb 2013 and was diagnosed with occlusion in PICA and clot in the artery after MRI Scan. He was on antiplatelet and aspirin medicine after the scan.

He was complaining about double vision and severe head ache after MRI and he underwent Angio and got to know his cerebral vessels are severly atherolsclerotic.

He had mini stroke (Ledt medullary infract) in last week of Feb and he completely recovered from it and again in mid of March he had right medullary infract and it has affected him to certain extent.

After the stroke he had difficulty in swalloing solids and liquids but semi solids was consumed easily and he was complaining about double vision with lower right part of body being left with mild impariment.

He was not able to pass urine hence cathether was put in place. He was on NG (Ryles) tube and he was complaining about severe head ache and half side (right)severe sweating on head and body.

After 3 weeks he was discharged from hospital and we also started to give Ayurvedic Medicine along with allopathy due to which the severe pain in the head reduced by 50%.

After a month he started to complain about dizzines and loss of sensation on right side of the body and severe shoulder and hips pain.

After 2 months he started to complain about pain in the right eye and right side of the face.

he underwent VitalStim treatment for Dysphagia and NG tube was removed after 3 months.

His voice turned coarse after 3 months and it is intermittent to produce clear voice.

Now dizziness is faded but he is able to walk alone and continues to experience balalncing issues and facial pain and head ache continues to exist after Gabapentin medications for facial pain.

Most of his symptoms match with Wallenberg Syndrome and he is making decent recovery after the stroke.

He is taking Krill oil and Ayurvedic medicine along with allopathic medicines.

Hope this info helps on wallenberg stoke symptoms.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.