Skip to content
Rehabilitation for vision loss?
RoyB63 posted:
I am interested in what your neurologist is doing for you. This is my summary. June 7 I had a "cramp" (doctors word) in my occipital lobe. Resulting in a 20% vision loss. We had a vision field test done (on our own). I am 65 they tell me I am in good shape, total cholesterol 109, BP 120/65. Neurologist put me on 120 mg Diltiazem daily. It seems there is therapy for other stroke injuries but nothing for vision loss. What are you doing to help you get by? Does anyone use dictation software?

When posters say you have vision loss is it a black out, a blur or like in my case missing vision patched together by a blurry line? What happens when you need new glasses?

Your insight and comments are appreciated.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.