Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
33 yo male/ stroke question
Shockey8080 posted:
Im a 33 yo male. Had a stroke in nov. my right side was paralyzed, i couldn't speak..... Ive recovered mostly.... I go to the gym 2 hours a day. Lost 80 lbs since i had the stroke. I noticed my right arms has gotten weaker ( i was right handed. My left arm is still stronger then my right but my right arm actually got weaker ). Anyone know if this is normal?

Thank you Rich

itmatsb responded:
I'm not sure that I'm understanding you. Do you mean that after getting strength back in your arm, that then your arm has gotten weaker? If so, that doesn't sound like the way it should be IF you are doing the exact exercises that were given to you in physical therapy. Just working out in the gym may not be enough. But sometimes stroke disabilities can show up years later, so maybe so. I would see a doctor about it. I would be interested in what the doctor has to say.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Search non profit organizations that can help you in your area.
Search for non profit organizations that specialize in stroke and see if they can refer you to a Dr or Hospital. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 43 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.