Skip to content
TIA?
siladyfl posted:
A couple of weeks ago I experienced a sudden vomiting, accompanied by profuse sweating, terrible headache then dizziness and general weakness all over. I took something for the headache and went to bed.

Since then I've noticed my left hand is very weak and from my ring finger to my little finger there's a slight tingling most of the time.

I have Obama care and I know it'd cost me a lot for tests to see if it was a TIA. Is there anything I can do proactively to protect myself? Thank you for your time. Sincerely, Deborah Skipper currently in Magnolia Springs, AL 36555

jogide responded:
Hi, My mother is experiencing the same thing and has been hospitalized. These appear to be TIAs. She experienced four or five of these and then had a moderate stroke. Three days after her stroke the doctor sent her for an MRA where they found she had several strokes. It has affected her balance. She continues to have TIAs in her recovery and there is little they do for it. This website has an article you should read. I will look it up and post it for you.

Doctors do not take this seriously. Have you started taking an aspirin a day? Mthat will help to prevent another one. The only way that will hurt you is if you have a bleed in your brain.

I am not surprised you have not received a reply.

Be well

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.