Skip to content
Leg pain,
rebeccaaddison posted:
My mom had a stroke about 8 months ago. she is getting along ok. We try and get her to walk once a day, otherwise she is in her bed watching tv. She used to come downstairs for lunch and dinner, but now she complains that her legs hurt and she can't make it downstairs. "It's hard walking to the bathroom"
She claimed at first that it was the cold weather, my dad had the window open. Ok, then she starting walking daily again. Then her legs hurt again. I don't know what it is. Her legs ache in the crease of her thigh and groin. I thought maybe its because she is sitting in bed and where her butt sinks in cuts off circulation there. when she gets up blood is rushing down and it hurts. I don't know... I feel its "get up and move around" I'm not sure if she really is in pain, and can't get up to walk around. Or if she is playing it so she can lay in bed all day and watch tv.
I've looked into PAD and some other deep vein thrombosis....
anyone have any experience with this at all.......
she has diabetes 2, had a stroke, eats well NOW, but has never been one to be active. HELP....her loving daughter AKA Caretaker

itmatsb responded:
It sounds like she could benefit from the advice of a doctor. Perhaps she needs physical therapy. Get her to a doctor for evaluation. Good luck.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.