Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Ischemic Stroke
    carwood56 posted:
    I had an Ischemic stroke on June 30. I was in my second week of college and was concerned about some problems I was having with typing and finding words.
    I would be talking and could not find the right words I needed and my typing was hard as it seemed I was dyslexic with the keyboard.
    My doctor had an ultrasound of my Carotid Arteries and they found plaque on both sides, plus a blood clot that was blocking the blood flow at 50%. She started me on Plavix as well as 325mg aspirin daily.
    One month later she ordered another ultrasound. I also went to Speech Therapy and only had to attend sessions for one month. I worked really hard on talking slower so I would be able to find the words without stuttering too much.
    I went to her office yesterday and she told me that I needed to see a Vascular Surgeon as soon as possible. The clot was now at 65%.
    Why would the blood clot enlarge after one month? With the Plavix, shouldn't it have been decreasing?
    I found a surgeon and will call her office in the morning as she said her office would handle everything, to just wait for that doctor to call to set up the appointment.
    Thank you for your help.

    Helpful Tips

    Any Exercise is Good!Expert
    A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, but I think the results ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 8 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.