Skip to content
Rehabilitation Center VS Rehabilitation at home
An_254396 posted:
My mom had a brain aneurism and stroke in December. She was in a coma for 3 months. Since then, she has been very aware of her surroundings, she recognizes us, and responds with facial movements, and movements with her right arm/hand, as her left side is not working. She was moved to a rehab facility 3 months ago, but the doctors say that she is not responding to commands so is not able to do physical rehab yet. She has been in bed this whole time, so her core is very weak. Is it possible to care for her in my home, how would rehab work in a home situation?

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.