Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Weird mix of symptoms ... vomiting, dizziness, going blind HELP!
bbussard911 posted:
My boyfriend has had flu like symptoms twice. Vomiting, hot and cold sweats, shaking, can't eat and barely drink water. The first time he had this it lasted for four days. I slept in the same bed for those four days and never got sick, nor did anyone else in the house. He would scream about his stomach hurting as well. We took him to the ER afraid he was super dehydrated and the doctor was a douche bag (excuse my language) and really had no interest in listening to what my boyfriend had to say. We did have drinks the night before but only a few beers and being 23 thats not to many. The doctor was unsure what he had and said it was either alcohol poisoning or the stomach flu. I find both to be incorrect. Then about a week ago he got sick again out of no where (no alcohol consumed) and had the same problem (vomiting, sweats, pain, etc.) but it only lasted for about a day and a half. Now today (nov. 17th) and out of no where he got super dizzy and told my brother in law that he couldnt see anything and was going blind. My brother in law came an got me and said he was walking turned super paleish grey and said he couldnt see and that his pupils were huge. He feels better now that he sat down but doesn't want to get up and just fell asleep. Hes 23 yrs old, hes 6"2' and he weighs 130 (his whole families super tall and skinny) but has lost weight and been down to 122. He smokes cigarettes (half a pack a day maybe). He does not have a drug or alcohol problem (actually quiet opposite). He does have a heart murmur, no appetite, and hes really good at NOT drinking enough water even when i push him too. Hes stubborn and wont go to the doctors bc he has no insurance. Sorry if this is a bit confusing... theres a lot and it's hard to explain. Help please.

Take the Poll

• Stroke
  • nuerological
  • anemia
  • diabities
  • seizures
vote
View Poll Results

hammy38 responded:
I'm sorry about your boyfriend. things that i've noticed with me and my dad (he had a couple of strokes), sorry if its not helpful. but i was put in the hospital 2ce b/c i got dizzy, fainted and couldn't see anything at that time-before i fainted. also when i was in the hospital, 1 time i got the chills/freezing and the other i was sweating non-stop. they did a bunch of blood tests, scans and blah blah and there was nothing wrong with me. I also fainted/got dizzy at home but wasn't taken to the hospital. I have depression and anxiety probs. my drug dealer (psychiatrist) said it's probably b/c the chemicals in my brain had changed or were changing. does your bf have depression or does it run in his family? my dad when he had his mini stroke- his heart was beating fast and dizzy, he had to lay down but was ok after a bit. his major stroke, I wasn't here for but he was confused and had no strength, he couldn't lift himself to the couch or so i heard when i got to the hospital. I just asked him about the major stroke and he said that his vision was blurry but he still could kinda see. ask your bf to lift both hands and see if one is not as high as the other. slurred speech or if one side of his face is sluggish. those 3 signs are for a stroke, that i know of. my dad smokes a lot- almost 2 packs a day but no drinking. he dad has also had heart attacks.he just told me that when he had the heart attacks, all he had was an upset stomach. i hope that helps. don't trust the doctors- as i've learned. get a second opinion.

hammy38 responded:
oh sorry to bug but when i left the hospital the first time, they gave me this paper with info on it. look under syncope-basically fainting. it gives reasons to why someone would and signs.
ok over n out.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Search non profit organizations that can help you in your area.
Search for non profit organizations that specialize in stroke and see if they can refer you to a Dr or Hospital. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.