Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Fluttering feeling just above the left year
stephan28 posted:
From the last week onward i am getting a fluttering feeling just above my left ear. It may last for few minutes and comes in an alternative interval of 4-5 hours. Sometimes it comes in a continues interval. Also i feel a stiffness / benumb feeling in my left cheek. I am 28 years of old male and i don't have any other medical issues. The only thing i noticed is my resting pulse is about 90-95 range. And the Pressure is 105-70. I undergo a complete blood routine checkup and TMT & Echo cardiogram test for chest. In those nothing found suspicious. Is this a normal condition ? Or is there anything to fear about? Please help me.

Richard C Senelick, MD responded:
If the fluttering feeling is in your scalp region, it is probably coming from your muscle ( temporalis). People get benign twitches in muscles all over their bodies and they are almost always nothing to worry about. With the numb/stiff feeling in your cheek I wonder if you are clenching your teeth at night and this is a form of TMJ Syndrome. Wearing a "night guard" when you sleep can solve the problem. The other possibility is that they are part of a migraine phenomenon. I would raise these questions with your doctor and see what he says. Have you seen a neurologist? Good Luck.
After your stroke you may be experiencing a new normal, but remember what George Eliot said- It is never too late to be what you might have been. You still can achieve new goals.

handyguyone responded:
You need to be put on high blood pressure medication ASAP!

Your symptoms will only get worse.

stephan28 replied to handyguyone's response:
I blood pressure is normal. Only having issues with the heart pulse. I consulted a cardiologist, and test TMT & Echo cardiogram test etc. And found no issue. He only advice me to have a regular exercise. My only concern is with this "Twitching" feeling in head.

stephan28 replied to Richard C Senelick, MD's response:
Thanks for the replay doctor. I was afraid of thinking its the symptom of stroke. That's why i was little nervous. I didn't consulted the neurologist yet. But surely will do this by the end of this week. Thank you.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Search non profit organizations that can help you in your area.
Search for non profit organizations that specialize in stroke and see if they can refer you to a Dr or Hospital. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 43 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.