Skip to content
Please help! What can be done to prevent heavy feeling all over the body?
An_255451 posted:
Following an ischemic stroke (vertebrobasilar) a few years ago, my father is having this feeling that his body weights a ton.
This heaviness is distributed all over his body and he feels like is sustaining the weight of a few people. This installed gradually during a year time: first time he felt it was on his back, after that: below his chin, on his limbs, abdomen.
Despite his condition (tetraparesis) he is working out every day helped by my mother and he feels like he could walk if he can overcome this heaviness.
Please help us: any idea what is causing this or what can be done to improve his condition? What medical advice do you have for us? What tests to take? Any remedies? I really appreciate any answer, any opinion.
It could or it could not be related to the stroke as the main cause?

Helpful Tips

Stroke and brain hemorrhage
My mom 68 had a stroke/hemorrhage 22 days before and released from hospital and move to rehab now. She is not responding very well but ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.