Skip to content
Please help! What can be done to prevent heavy feeling all over the body?
An_255451 posted:
Following an ischemic stroke (vertebrobasilar) a few years ago, my father is having this feeling that his body weights a ton.
This heaviness is distributed all over his body and he feels like is sustaining the weight of a few people. This installed gradually during a year time: first time he felt it was on his back, after that: below his chin, on his limbs, abdomen.
Despite his condition (tetraparesis) he is working out every day helped by my mother and he feels like he could walk if he can overcome this heaviness.
Please help us: any idea what is causing this or what can be done to improve his condition? What medical advice do you have for us? What tests to take? Any remedies? I really appreciate any answer, any opinion.
It could or it could not be related to the stroke as the main cause?

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Search non profit organizations that can help you in your area.
Search for non profit organizations that specialize in stroke and see if they can refer you to a Dr or Hospital. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.