Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    sandikh posted:
    My son is 47 and has had 2 strokes and 3 tias they have done all kinds of tests and tried many kinds of medicines but nothing is helping. He has no feeling in left leg below the knee and weakness in left hand he has been thru all the therapy and they say they can do no more for him. It seems to me all they want to do is give him stuff like hydrocodone or oxyicotin. Do you think he needs a neruologist instead of a MD? The headaches are getting more frequent and taking longer to go away.
    atti_editor responded:
    Hello sandikh,

    I am sorry that your son and your family are going through this. We cannot give medical advice or a diagnosis through this board, but I think that it would be a good idea to talk to your son's doctor about the possibility of switching to a neurologist. He/she may have more insight on what a neurologist could do for your son and be able to refer him to a neurologist in your area.

    Best wishes,

    Helpful Tips

    Any Exercise is Good!Expert
    A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, but I think the results ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 8 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.