Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
stroke
sandikh posted:
My son is 47 and has had 2 strokes and 3 tias they have done all kinds of tests and tried many kinds of medicines but nothing is helping. He has no feeling in left leg below the knee and weakness in left hand he has been thru all the therapy and they say they can do no more for him. It seems to me all they want to do is give him stuff like hydrocodone or oxyicotin. Do you think he needs a neruologist instead of a MD? The headaches are getting more frequent and taking longer to go away.

atti_editor responded:
Hello sandikh,

I am sorry that your son and your family are going through this. We cannot give medical advice or a diagnosis through this board, but I think that it would be a good idea to talk to your son's doctor about the possibility of switching to a neurologist. He/she may have more insight on what a neurologist could do for your son and be able to refer him to a neurologist in your area.

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.