Skip to content
Possible stroke symptoms
leon77 posted:
Good evening, I've been suffering from pain in the carotid arteries along with huge headaches and numbness in the hands and feet. The symptoms seem to worsen when I'm active. I'm 19 years old and fit. I have never experienced any sort of medical complications before. Could these be early signs of a stroke?

atti_editor responded:
Hello leon77,

While we cannot give medical advice or a diagnosis on this board, here is some information on the warning signs of stroke that you might find helpful. I suggest you make an appointment to see your doctor for a physical to rule out the possibility of a future stroke or other medical condition.

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.